October 26, 2011

J u n e J o o n J a x x ➝ INTERVIEWS ♢ SARAH ANGOLD ♢

Images by Tom Baker

Sarah Angold - Creative Director at Sarah Angold Studio

Sarah Angold Studio is a multidisciplinary team of Royal College of Art graduates 

who have professional experience across ten different design sectors, 

from fashion and interiors to product and vehicle design.

With their first commercial jewellery collection stocked by the Tate Modern for S/S 2011, 
and a rapidly expanding list of bespoke clients including Selfridges, 
Swarovski, Hussein Chalayan, the Design Museum, Toyota Japan and Seymourpowell, 
the studio’s structural exploration of laser cut acrylic continues to produce striking 
fashion accessories, products and installations that reflect the team’s 
passion for material diversity and innovation.

Where do you live
Islington, London

Favorite Website
Anywhere I can buy stuff

Guilty Pleasure
Websites where you can buy stuff

3 most played songs on your iPod
The Killers - Mr. Brightside (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duke Mix)
Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out for a Hero 
Kris Kristofferson - For the Good Times

What's on your desk
An (almost empty) tub of rocky roads, an extensive range of mini screwdrivers and a lot of mess

In-flight gadget
Could someone please invent a device to filter out the smell of American Airlines's breakfast roll?

Favorite Museum
London Design Museum

Can't live without
My Design House Stockholm wearable blanket

Favorite Book
Captain Corelli's Mandolin. I dip into it like other people dip into their bible

Magazine you always buy
I love Frame, 1883, third Floor

Favorite Artist
Thomas Heatherwick

Someone you admire
Too hard - I aspire to be like so many people in so many different ways, from my Mum to Mandela

Perfect Sunday
Sleep, Food, Drink, Food, Sleep

Dream Concert
It happened - Take That's Progress Tour.
I don´'t care if I'm not cool, it was visually AMAZING.
Plus I was in the front row and touched Robbie's hand, I think he may be in love with me.

Favorite place in the world
Home

Hobby
Field hockey, aggressive and bloody

Favorite drink
Sicilian Sour, go to 69 Colbrooke Row in N1 and ENJOY

Store you could spend hours in
Can't even begin, ALL STORES

Favorite Record
With Or Without You is pretty unbeatable

Biggest Acomplishment
I'm very proud of my collaboration with Hussein Chalayan

▲ Sarah Angold Interview Exclusive for June Joon Jaxx▼

0 comments:

Post a Comment